A easy to make and cheap meal, yet very fulfilling and delicious! With a soft sweet potato, crunchy chickpeas, a smooth ranch dressing and of course some avo, this smokey stuffed sweet potato with vegan ranch dressing is a perfect meal for a week night.
What do you need?
For 4 people:
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika powder, 1 tbsp onion powder, 1 tsp crushed garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper
- 150 gram tofu
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1 tbsp water, 2 tsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp sea salt.
How do you make the smokey sweet potato with vegan ranch dressing?
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Mix paprika, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil together
- Wash and drain the chickpeas and marinate them into the spice mix
- Make holes with a fork in the sweet potato and put on a baking tray with baking paper
- Transfer the chickpeas to the baking tray as well and bake for 40 minutes
- Make the vegan ranch dressing by putting the tofu, lemon juice, vinegar, water, garlic, onion and salt in a blender and blend until you have a nice and smooth dressing
- Cut the avocado into slices
- When the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are ready, let them cool down for a bit
- Cut open the sweet potato and fill with chickpeas, avocado and ranch dressing
Stuffed potatoes, or jacked potatoes depending in which part of the world you are, are a quick and cheap way to have a filling meal on the table. If you have a microwave, you can then easily bake and soften them in there for a quick and easy meal. For this recipe I choose to do it in the oven. Even though you need to wait for the potatoes and chickpeas to be ready, there is actually hardly any time involved and you can then do other things in the meantime. You can also choose to bake the chickpeas in a pan if you do prefer to do so.
For the smokey sweet potato you want to preheat the oven at 200 degrees. Whilst this is heating up you can make the spice mix for the chickpeas. Grab a big bowl and put the olive oil, smoked paprika powder, onion powder, crushed garlic and some salt and pepper to taste in their. Give it a stir. Wash and drain the chickpeas and add them to the spice mix. Meanwhile, you can take the sweet potatoes and make some holes in them by using a fork so they can become softer more easily.
Transfer the sweet potatoes and the chickpeas onto a baking tray with some baking paper. Bake and roast them for about 40 minutes. Once they are ready, let them cool down for a while. In the meantime you can cut the avocado into slices and make the vegan ranch dressing. You can do this by putting the tofu, onion powder, garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, water and salt into the blender and blend it until you get a smooth dressing. Cut open the sweet potato and make a bit of a cup in it by gentle pushing the sweet potato onto the sides by using a spoon. Fill the sweet potatoes with the chickpeas, avocado and ranch dressing.