Praise buddha for buddha bowls, my favorite type of dinner as you can make it however you like with whatever ingredients you prefer. This time it’s a roasted veggies buddha bowl.
What do you need?
- 2/3 cup chickpeas
- 1 capsicum
- 100 gr green beans
- 2 cups rocket/arugula
- 3/4 cup coleslaw mix
- 4 tbsp hummus
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1 ts curry powder
How to make the roasted veggies buddha bowl
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Cut the ends of your beans and cut them in half
- Wash your beans and put them on a baking tray
- Cut your capsicum into slices and add them onto the baking tray as well
- Lastly add the chickpeas
- Add some oil, salt pepper and other spices you like such as paprika
- Roast the veggies for about 30 to 40 minutes
- Make the tahini sauce by mixing the tahini with the lemon juice, honey, mustard and curry powder
- Make the buddha bowl by putting everything in sections and adding the roasted veggies, rocket and coleslaw
- Top it off with some hummus and the tahini sauce
Buddha bowl time!!! I am excited to hear what your favorite buddha bowl combination is. Up until 2 years ago I never heard of buddha bowl before until my au pair family introduced it to me, because it was a meal where everybody could eat what they love. I would put all the ingredients in different bowls and then us and the kids could pick what they like. It actually led to the girls eating more veggies than in other meals haha. It is also a great meal when you have leftovers. Especially the buddha bowl you are going to make here, because you can basically just roast every veggie you have left in the fridge and it probably will taste great!
For the roasted veggies buddha bowl you will need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grab a baking tray with some baking paper. Then you are going to cut the ends of your green beans and then cut them in half. Put them in a cif and rinse them well. Then put the beans on the baking tray. Cut the capsicum in slices and put them on the tray as well. Lastly add the chickpeas to the tray. Top them with some oil, salt and pepper. Add some seasoning to your choosing. I have added some paprika, garlic and italian herbs. Then roast the veggies for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile start making the tahini sauce. Grab a little bowl and add in the tahini, lemon juice, honey, mustard and curry powder. Stir well and add some water to make the sauce thinner if preferred. If the veggies are all ready, grab two big bowls. Divide the veggies over the 2 bowls and in their own sections. Do the same for the rocket and coleslaw. Top the bowls with the hummus and tahini sauce.