I love everything roasted and edamame is no exception. I like it even better than eating them fresh in a buddha bowl. That is why I have created this super easy meal of roasted edamame stir fry!
What do you need?
For 2 people
- 250 gr edamame (in a can)
- 250 gr frozen veggie mix (green beans, carrot, corn, bell pepper)
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp tumeric apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- optional: sesame seeds
How do you make the roasted edamame stir fry?
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Put the edamame on a baking tray and marinate with the olive oil, paprika, cumin and coriander
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes
- Cook the rice according to your package
- Put the vegetables in a saucepan and grill for a couple of minutes
- Add in the tamari sauce, mustard, honey and tumeric apple cider vinegar to the pan
- Add water to make it more saucy
- Serve the stir fry with the rice and roasted edamame
- Top off with sesame seeds
I love love love roasted edamame. I don’t know what it is about roasting legumes and beans in the oven, buy boy do I love the crunch. I think it is just the yummy feeling and taste that you get when you are having chips right. Funnily enough I never have a craving for chips. Maybe because I eat roasted veggies and chips all the time haha. Edamame is a very healthy soy bean to include in your diet as well. It has a lot of protein in it, which makes it a good replacement for meat or other protein sources. It also contains a lot of folate and magnanese and other vitamins and minerals and it really keeps your blood sugar levels steady which is huge for overcoming cravings!
Let’s talking making this stir fry! For the roasted edamame you will preheat the oven at 200 degrees. You can also use any other bean and legume you like if edamame isn’t really your thing. Rinse and drain the edamame and put them on a baking tray with some baking paper. Then marinate it with some oil, paprika, cumin, coriander and some peper and salt to taste. Roast the edamame for 30-40 minutes until crunchy.
In the meantime, you can cook the rice as shown on your package. You can always swap the basmati rice for a favorite rice of your choosing. Then also take a sauce pan and put the frozen veggie mix in there. You won’t need any oil if you don’t want to as it can back in the water that comes from the veggies. Let it fry and grill for a couple of minutes and then add in the tamari sauce, honey, tumeric apple cider vinegar and mustard. Add in some extra water to create more of a sauce. Fry it for 5-10 minutes until the veggies are softened and have taken in the yummy flavours. Serve the stir fry with the roasted edamame and rice and top off with some sesame seeds.