I gotta say it. I love peanuts. Especially the salted ones. Maybe not that healthy for you and if you love peanuts too, you will love this peanut curry.
What do you need for the peanut curry?
For 4 servings
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 3/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 300 gr uncooked brown rice
- 1 cucumber
- Bag of peanuts
- 1 cube of veggie broth
- 1 little pot of salsa
- 1 ts garlic
How do you make the peanut curry?
- Cook the rice according the package
- Make the peanut butter sauce by putting the coconut milk, peanut butter and salsa into a pan
- Add in the herbs and veggie broth and let everything simmer
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and add them to the curry
- Let the curry cook for about 20 minutes
- Cut the cucumber in slices and serve on the side with the rice
- Top the curry with as much peanuts as you like
Like I said I love peanuts. They’re nuts. Except they aren’t. All jokes aside, trust me that this curry is good. I was in a peanut mood and when a friend came over for dinner I thought, let’s make something with peanuts. Because why not?! A little cultural insight for you as well. You might know that I am Dutch and you also might know that we did have Indonesia for a while back in the day when ruling other countries was popular. Due to that, we have a lot of Indonesian influences in our food. One of those is peanut sauce, which we love to eat with fries. So when my Dutch friend came over, it totally seemed logical to make something peanut sauce alike. And I was right because it was a big hit.
So now you know the back story of this very delicious meal. Let me now tell you how you can make it. It is really simple and easy to do. First you are going to cook the rice according to the package. Then it is time for your delicious peanut sauce. Grab a pan, scoop in the peanut butter, add the coconut milk and the salsa as well. Let the curry cook on a low firepit. Then also add in all the herbs and broth and let it simmer to get the flavors to flower. Let the curry cook for at least 20 minutes. Then cut the cucumber in slices. Server the peanut curry with the rice and add the cucumber on the side as well. Top the curry with the peanuts.