Who doesn’t love Nutella?! Exactly! The creamy chocolate hazelnut flavour is an irresistable taste. Put into this raw and vegan Nutella cheesecake, you have now found your healthy alternative!
What do you need?
For 1 cake, approx. 10-12 slices
- 150gr hazelnuts
- 200gr unpitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 200gr 85% dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
How do you make the Nutella cheesecake?
- Put the dates in a bowl of water and let them soak for at least 30 minutes
- Put the hazelnuts in a blender and pulse them until you get hazelnut meal
- Add in the soaked dates (without the water) and melted coconut oil
- Pulse until well combined
- Grease a baking tin and scoop the mixture onto the bottom and push it down and even with the back of a spoon
- Put the cake into the fridge
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie on the stove
- When the chocolate is melted, add in the cream (not the water) of the coconut cream together with the maple syrup
- Cover the base of the cheesecake with the chocolate layer
- Decorate the cake with some hazelnuts and cocoa powder
- Put the nutella cheesecake back into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours
I remember how Nutella was such a treat for me when I was little. We only had it during the summer holidays when we would go out for camping. The relaxed mornings after a sleep in and then starting your day with some crispy baguette, freshly baked and then add some Nutella on it that would melt magically. The best!
Now I realise that I wanna keep reliving that moment. And it is about the memory not even the fact that I want to eat Nutella. It is the association I have with it. So now that I know dairy isn’t working for me, messing up my gut and making my body more inflammed, I have been a bit creative with getting things that I love back into my diet. And for Nutella you basically just need 2 ingredients: chocolate and hazelnuts. Yum!
For this Nutella cheesecake you only need a few ingredients and no baking involved, so it’s pretty damn easy! First begin with soaking the dates. By doing this the dates will become softer and easier to blend in more equally in the base of the cheesecake. Give it at least 30 minutes, but longer is not a problemo at all! Then grab your blender or kitchen aid and put in the hazelnuts. Pulse them until it becomes hazelnut meal. Then add in the soaked dates without the water and the melted coconut oil as well. Pulse again until you’ve got a well mixed base.
Scoop the base into a baking tin that you have greased before. Or use baking paper. The best way to do this is to spread it out with your fingers first and then wet the back of a spoon and make the base even by pushing it down. Then put the base in the fridge to set. Meanwhile you can make the chocolate layer. You can do this by melting the chocolate au bain marie. Then grab your can of coconut cream and make sure you only use the cream, not the coconut water. You can use this for example in your smoothie! When the chocolate is fully melted, you can add in the coconut cream and maple syrup. Stir until everything is well combined. Then add the chocolate mixture onto the base of your cake. Decorate the Nutella cheesecake with some hazelnuts and cocoa powder. Then put the Nutella cheesecake back into the fridge for at least 2 hours to fully set. It is therefore recommended to make the cake 1 day before you want to eat it :).
If you love cheesecake, you will also love:
Vegan cranberry cheesecake