Crispy tofu and the all time favorite sweet potato fries combined with a fresh black bean salad and guac. Are you ready to go loco with this meal?
What do you need for the Mexican tofu?
For 4 people
- 1 block tofu
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce + more as a dip
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- cumin, paprika powder, chili, garlic, pepper
- fresh coriander
- oregano, italian herbs, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder
How do you make the Mexican tofu dish?
- Cut the tofu in slices
- Make a marinade with the olive oil, 1/2 lime and the cumin, paprika powder, chili, garlic and pepper
- Put the tofu slices in the marinade and let them sit for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius
- Cut the sweet potato into fries
- Put the fries on a baking tray with baking paper and cover with some olive oil, salt and paprika powder
- Get the tofu out of the marinade and put them along with the fries
- Put the tofu and fries in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes
- Rinse the black beans and heat them up with the tomatoes, 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce and the remaining herbs and lime
- Serve the tofu with the sweet potato fries and black bean mix
- Put some fresh coriander to taste with the black beans and some tomato sauce as a dip
I love this Mexican platter with all the goodness. As I come to think of it, you could also make this into a Mexican buddha bowl with rice. You’re welcome! For the tofu marinade I just put some olive oil with some lime and herbs but it still gives a crispy bite when it is baked.
We start this dish with marinating the tofu. You can do this about an hour before you want eating it, prep it in the morning or the night before and put it in the fridge to sit. Up to you and your schedule! Cut the tofu into slices. Make a marinade with the olive oil, 1/2 a lime and the herb mix of cumin, paprika, chili, garlic and pepper. Put the tofu slices in the marinade and let it sit.
Meanwhile you can preheat the oven on 200 degrees and start prepping the sweet potato. Cut the potato into fries and put them on a tray with some baking paper. Drizzle some oil on top of them along with some sea salt and paprika powder. Hustle them around and make room for the tofu who have been in their marinade for at least 30 minutes. Bake the sweet potato fries and Mexican tofu for about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on your oven. It should be nice and crispy and the tofu should be golden brown.
Then there’s the bean salad left. Cut some tomatoes into little cubes and drain the black beans. Put both of them in a pan with 1/2 can of tomato sauce. Add some oregano, italian herbs, paprika, cumin, cayenne and garlic to it as well. Make the guacemole with some lemon juice and some salt and pepper and use the remaining tomato sauce as a dip. When the tofu and fries are ready, serve them on the plates along with the black bean salad. Add the guacemole on top of the salad along with some fresh coriander. Serve the tomato sauce as well and ready is your Mexican tofu dish!