Cheesecake anyone? If you can't or want to eat dairy, don't want to say you can't eat cheesecake anymore. Whether this is;) as a snack or as a breakfast. This lemon cheesecake Smoothiebowl makes your cheesecake dreams a reality!
What do you need? (for 1 breakfast)
- 1 banana
- 1 scoop lemon or vanilla plant based protein powder
- 1/4 Cup cashew nuts + extra
- 1/4 Cup coconut milk from canned
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 tbsp linseed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1/2 Cup blue berries
How to make the lemon cheesecake Smoothiebowl?
- Soak the cashew nuts for at least 10 min in warm water.
- Put the soaked cashew nuts together with the water and the coconut milk in a blender and blend it into a smooth smoothie.
- Now add the banana, lemon juice, flax seed and protein powder to the blender.
- Blend everything back into a smooth smoothie.
- Scoop the smoothie in a bowl and decorate with the blue berries, cashew nuts and some coconut yogurt.
If you don't eat dairy, you sometimes miss the good old days of delicious pastries or creamy things. One of those things I miss is cheesecake. Luckily I found an ideal replacement for cream and that is my great friend the cashew nut. When you soak the cashew nut for use, it is completely soft and creamy, which is perfect for a cake as a cheesecake. OK now we do not make a cake, but quite honestly, a smoothiebowl that tastes like lemon cheesecake and that you can eat as breakfast, it will be very close to nearby!
For the lemon cheesecake Smoothiebowl you first have to soak the cashew nuts. Don't have much time in the morning, soak the cashew nuts than the evening in advance. Do this by placing the cashew nuts in a bowl with some warm water. You do it for at least 10 minutes. Then place the soaked cashew nuts with the water and the coconut milk in a blender and blend everything into a smooth smoothie.
Now also add the banana, protein powder, lemon juice and flaxseed. Mix everything back together until you have a smooth creamy smoothie. Scoop the smoothie in a bowl and decorate the lemon cheesecake with some cashew nuts, blueberries and some coconut yogurt.