Are you binging a lot of food and you don’t know what to do to get over this? Do you fear eating because you are afraid to gain weight and therefore restrict yourself a lot? Or do you fear being hungry and eat when you are actually not really hungry. In this episode you will learn how to overcome binge eating, eat for your body and love and accept your body as it is.
“When you tell yourself you can’t have a certain food, you want it a 1000 times more. If you tell yourself you can, the lust for this food will go away”– Melanie Lillis
Melanie Lillis is a eating psychology coach who helps women beat their binge eating and create a positive body image so that they can have freedom around food and be their most confident self. After being a professional athlete who was under so much pressure, she binged and purged to make sure she would stay thin. Melanie has successfully overcome this eating disorder and helps women do the same.
What you will learn listening to overcoming binge eating 101:
- How do you know if you have binge eating disorder or boulimia?
- Where the fear of eating and the fear of being hungry comes from
- How to deal with an eating disorder in secret and with no support
- Tips on deciding on your own calories and restrictive diet
- How to stop comparing yourself with others
- Steps to improve your body image
- The most important action steps to overcome binge eating
- How to become more consistent
Overcoming binge eating 101 resources
- Melanie Lillis website
- Melanie Lillis Instagram
- 008: A scientific reason for why you binge eat & how to overcome it
- 048: How to lift yourself up after emotional eating [emotional guidance scale]
- 042: The tool to define your true hunger
- 021: How to stop mindless snacking at home
- Schedule a free chat with me to learn how you can have a happy & healthy relationship with food and your body
- FREE ebook: Always Crust Your Instincts
- Ditch the Diet course
- Life to Enjoyce Community (chat with likeminded people & achieve your goals)
Your takeaway & share the show
Thank you for listening to my podcast. It means the world to me and I would love it if you spread the love so I can keep on inspiring you with amazing content. You can subscribe, rate and review the Life To Enjoyce podcast on Itunes. And/or make a screenshot of your favorite episode and share the link with your friends or on social media (I am @lifetoenjoyce) with your biggest takeaway. Don’t forget to tag me in it so I can say hi and thank you!!
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2MKefRZYn4pF9Pd3qGCPnz?si=Wn4Egy9_QhS1tpar8ZkgUg
- ITunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/life-to-enjoyce/id1488184385
- Podbean: https://lifetoenjoyce.podbean.com/
Get my FREE pdf:
Always Crust Your Instincts
Coming home after a tough day at work and attacking all the food in the cupboards and fridge. Snacking mindlessly on that bar of chocolate and before you know it, it’s gone! Or trying to lose the weight and have a healthier and fitter body, but your actions never really work and you find yourself overeating again.
Want to reconnect with your inner superwoman and finally confidently conquer your food cravings? Get started with my Always Crust Your Instincts ebook where I share my 3 strategies that helped me overcome my food cravings forever.