Brownies with a lot of chocolate and a health kick of black beans. I know what you’re thinking: veggies in brownies? Hell to the no! I promise you, you will need to try these black bean brownies.
What do you need for the black bean brownies?
For 12 pieces
- 1 can of black beans
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 25 to 50 gram of 85% chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 ts salt
How do you make the black bean brownies?
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees
- Drain and rinse the black beans
- Put the oats in a kitchen aid and mix it until you get oat meal
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave
- Add the black beans, cocoa powder, coconut oil, salt and maple syrup to the oat meal
- Mix everything until you get a perfectly mixed brownie batter
- Break the chocolate into little pieces and stir them into the batter
- Scoop the brownie batter into a oil sprayed oven tin
- Bake the black bean brownies for about 25 minutes
You might think: why on earth would I put something like black beans into my brownies? Black beans are for Mexican dishes only. I completely understand and at first I thought so too. But let me tell you: these brownies are AMAZING!!! I let my friends and roomies peer test for me, because like I will always say my goodies are really good. And they end up loving it, pretty much eating all my brownies haha. Some of them didn’t even know that there were black beans in them, stand alone that they were healthy and they were flabbergasted that the brownies were not only healthy, but also contains black beans. Yep, they’re that good.
For the brownies you can preheat the oven first at 200 degrees. Then you prep the black beans by rinsing them well. Put the oats in a kitchen aid and blend them until you get oat meal. Then add all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate. So this will be the black beans, cacao powder, maple syrup, salt and coconut oil that has been melted. Blend everything until you get a nice, smooth brownie batter. Break the chocolate into little pieces and stir into the batter. Scoop the batter into an oil sprayed oven tin and bake the black bean brownies for about 25 minutes. Let the brownies cool down a little before you eat them.